The team at Daisy Pool covers has worked hard to minimise price movements over the years. This year, due to a number of factors outside of Daisy Pool Covers control, we have had to, unfortunately, increase the pricing of some products for the 2021/22 season.
To provide some context, some of the external price pressures the business has been exposed to include:
- Raw material increases (including, but not limited to, an increase in commodities prices, specifically a 4X price increase in aluminium so far this year)
- Stronger US dollar (this also affects WinterKleen as it comes out of US)
- Increased shipping line rates (since COVID, there has been a massive increase in shipping line rates, somewhere between 50 to 80% – this is coupled with reduced container availability that is also pushing up costs)
- Increases in local freight costs
In 2020/21, Daisy Pool Covers was able to absorb increased costs on rollers which allowed us to delay a price increase. This year, however, we have had to include a price increase on the Daisy Roller range.
Other products that will be affected include:
- Thermotec Pool Covers
- WinterKleen Pool Covers
- Non-metro freight pricing
At Daisy Pool Covers, we continue to do what we can to manage pricing across our range. So there is good news for our Australian-made Solar Pool Covers. As they are all made here in Australia, at our two manufacturing facilities in Perth and Sydney, we can continue to hold the prices on the entire Solar Pool Cover range.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your Daisy representative – our Daisy team are always on hand to help.