Our installation teams have been so busy with Under Bench Rollers, this product just continues to grow!
The UBRs have been so popular at SPASA Pool, Spa and Outdoor Living Expos around the country and our teams are getting asked about them at every show, which is turning into huge growth for the product.
From commercial to domestic, we have been installing custom under bench rollers as well as the full colour range including a new install of a Charcoal Shimmer UBR.
What we have found chatting to people is that those who are building a new pool tend to look at the Below Ground Box (BGB) first because they are doing major works around the pool before paving being installed. People with an existing pool usually are looking at the Under Bench Roller (UBR) to get some poolside seating in and around the pool area while hiding the roller system. This has been perfect for those with limited space around the pool. The UBRs are less prone to scratching and have a wider range of colours to suit the pool owner’s backyard.
If you need more information or a refresher on the UBR range, contact your Daisy Representative or click here to contact us, we’re happy to help!
Water restrictions will be enforced in Sydney on June 1st for the first time in a decade.
We have the following information from SPASA NSW on the water restrictions announced by the State Government:
The Premier of NSW has announced Level 1 Water Restrictions will commence June 1 under the state’s Metropolitan Water Plan even as the Sydney Desalination Plant ramps up towards full capacity.
Sydney Water have said the city’s dams have fallen faster over the past two years than during the Millennium Drought, with inflows at levels not seen since the 1940s.
Water restrictions will apply to everyone in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. This includes both residents and businesses.
SPASA has been working hard with Sydney Water to ensure they have a better understanding of how the swimming pool and spa industry operates as well as advocate to limit the impact on swimming pool and spa businesses and owners.
Click here for the Ministerial Release.
Level 1 water restrictions:
- You can’t leave a hose unattended, unless you are topping up a pool
- You will need a permit to fill a new or renovated pool or spa greater than 10,000 litres. Having a pool cover that is *endorsed by the Swimming Pool and Spa Association of Australia (SPASA) is a condition of the permit
- Your hose must have a trigger nozzle, wand or other attachment with an instant on-off mechanism, and you need to water your lawns and gardens before 10am or after 4pm
- The use of sprinklers and watering systems is not permitted, except for drip irrigation systems or automated watering systems with controllers that automatically adjust watering details based on changing soil moisture or weather conditions
- Hosing hard surfaces like paths and driveways is not permitted. However, you can always spot clean areas for health and safety reasons, or in an emergency
- You can only wash vehicles, boats and buildings with a bucket, a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle or high-pressure cleaning equipment
* Endorsed means under SPASA’s Climate Care Certified program.
Level 1 exclusions:
Exclusions are a list of water sources and uses where restrictions don’t apply. There is no need to apply for these, and they available to everyone. The following are excluded from the restrictions:
- Topping up swimming pools to replace water lost through normal use, including evaporation
- Recycled water (from non-potable pipework)
- Bore water and water taken from rivers
- Rainwater (as long as the tank/dam isn’t topped up from, or switched to, the drinking water supply)
- Water parks
- Water used for firefighting, testing and related activities
- Water used for dust suppression & concrete mixing
- Auto (drive through) car washes
- Flushing boat engines and using hoses with trigger nozzles/high pressure cleaning equipment to clean bilges and essential safety components on boat trailers such as brakes and wheels
- Drip irrigation systems, or automated watering systems incorporating soil moisture sensors
- Watering of newly laid turf by handheld hose or sprinkler for a period of 7 days from date of installation
More information on Water Restrictions can be found here.
Daisy Pool Covers are Climate Care Certified by SPASA, see our license here.
Daisy Pool Covers™ has recently created a Dealer Guide to aid our resellers in selling Daisy products while maintaining the integrity of the Daisy Pool Covers™ brand.
We all have the shared goal of consumer/end user satisfaction and this Dealer Guide sets out the brand guidelines for achieving this. The products supplied by Daisy Pool Covers™ require a level of technical knowledge to ensure the correct product is provided for the consumer’s needs and application.
Over the years, we at Daisy Pool Covers™ have worked hard to be the best in the industry when it comes to quality, service and support so we would like to reinforce that all products supplied by Daisy Pool Covers™ be promoted by Daisy Pool Covers™ resellers in a manner reflecting this.
Our Internet and Online Advertising Policy has been designed to assist resellers in the marketing of the Daisy Pool Covers™ products, and to protect the interest of consumers who purchase or browse online, whilst protecting the brand integrity of Daisy Pool Covers™.
The team at Daisy Pool Covers™ spends so much time and energy after an order is placed, before it is dispatched, to make sure the order is correct. Then, once the goods have been received by the consumer, we help them with technical advice and support of the product throughout its lifespan, into warranty.
The Dealer Guide showcases what Daisy Pool Covers™ is already doing as well as presenting our updated Internet and Online Advertising Policy.
We ask that you please follow our advertising guidelines outlined below that will come into effect 1st July 2019.
- All Daisy Pool Cover products must be promoted in a manner that reflects the reputation and quality of Daisy Pool Covers products and service
- Must not promote multiple brands of the same product
- Must use current, approved Daisy Pool Covers™ imagery
- If advertising a specific product, on its own or part of a package, must list the Daisy Pool Covers™ recommended retail price or no advertised price
- Must include product features
Please refer to this Dealer Guide regularly and uphold the integrity of the Daisy Pool Covers™ brand and product range.
We thank you for your assistance in helping customers have the best possible online purchase experience.