Winter is definitely here so now is the time to think about how you can prepare your pool for the colder months. A common question pool owners have about caring for their pool in Winter is whether they should keep it covered.
And the answer is, yes.
Covering your pool during Winter
Prevents heat loss: a cover will save you up to 50 per cent on heating costs. This is because evaporation is the major source of heat loss for swimming pools, therefore a pool cover will extend your swimming season in to Autumn and Spring by increasing the pool temperature by around 6-8 degrees (in pools that get the sun).
– Keeps leaves and debris out: by keeping your pool water clean, a pool cover drastically reduces the number of times your pool will need backwashing.
– Minimise chemical evaporation: keeping your pool covered also reduces the amount of chemical usage by stopping chemical evaporation into the atmosphere.
– Prevents evaporation: pool covers prevent water evaporation so they are one of the best things you can do around the pool to preserve your pool water.
Overall, an uncovered pool with cost you far more over the span of a few short years than a simple pool cover.
Visit https://daisypoolcovers.com.au/ to see our range.
Daisy Summer Payback Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the digital assets of Daisy Pool Covers form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, in this promotion entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Daisy Pool Covers.
- Competition entries are valid when a purchase is made of a domestic Daisy Pool Cover from September 2019 to February 2020 and the customer registers their warranty with Daisy Pool Covers through the competition website www.daisypoolcovers.com.au/payback
- All registrations must occur through Daisypoolcovers.com.au/payback
- No other entry methods are valid for this competition.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18.
- There are five winners. One per month of October, November, December in 2019, and January and February 2020.
- Winners will receive the amount they paid for their Daisy Pool Cover back, up to the value of $1,000.
- Entries are only valid to be drawn in the month that the registration occurred.
- All additional costs incurred will be at the expense of the winner.
- Commercial, trade or direct sales are not eligible.
- The winners will be announced on Daisy Pool Covers’ Facebook Page after the Winners are identified, and will be notified by email.
- Payment of the prize will be arranged directly between the winning people and Daisy Pool Covers.
- It is a condition of entry that all prize winners agree to have their details published for publicity purposes if required. By participating in this competition, participants signify their acceptance of all conditions and the requirement to participate in promotional activity if required.
- On completion of the Campaign, records which contain the competition entries will be kept by Daisy Pool Covers for twelve months.
- Employees of Daisy Pool Covers and their associated agencies and immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
- All participants release from, and indemnify Daisy Pool Covers against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- Daisy Pool Covers and associated agencies accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from the promotion.
- Entry into this competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. The Promoters’ decision will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoters reserve the right to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without notice.
- Daisy Pool Covers, ACN 20055862774) and its related entities are collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition, including for the purpose of identifying and notifying winners and understanding our audiences. Daisy Pool Covers may disclose the entrant’s personal information to their related entities, business partners and external service providers for research and profiling purposes as well as other purposes reasonably related to the entrant’s relationship with them.
Did you know that by simply putting a Daisy on the pool, you will stop over 97% of evaporation?
This means with a Daisy Pool Cover, you’ll stop evaporation and water loss which means massive benefits for the consumer’s wallet. Not only will they save money, but the Daisy will warm up the pool.
Warmer water means a longer and much more enjoyable swimming season. A Daisy Pool Cover will heat the pool up to an extra 8°C and then insulate the pool to maintain that heat overnight.
It’s always win-win-win with Daisy: stop evaporation, save water and swim longer!
Check out our FAQ section for more information.