With innovation and continuous improvement at its core, Daisy has always brought to the table well researched and tested products. After extensive R&D, we are pleased to announce the launch of the new 4.5mm thick foam range of pool covers suitable for both residential and commercial pools.
Continuous improvement in quality
Representing a 50% increase in thickness from the current 3mm product, the new product will increase thermal resistance (R value) and also durability.
Maintained in the same superior physically crosslinked polyolefin foam sandwiched between two layers of UV stabilised, polyethylene based polyfabric Canvacon film – making the cover reversible in the right installations. The layers are flame bonded (top and bottom) together and are extremely resistant to delamination, even at high temperatures.
The closed cell foam layer provides excellent insulation and water repellence properties and is resistant to chemical degradation; while the outer woven layers gives the pool cover its superior strength and durability.
The composite is free of heavy metals, plasticisers and CFCs and has a working temperature range of -40C degrees to +70C degrees.
Style and colour
Style and colour are important features in pool covers as they are a very visible part of pool areas. With this in mind, the Thermotech comes in three fashionable colours:
TTB – 4.5mm Thermotech Foam Blue
TTG – 4.5mm Thermotech Foam Green
TTS – 4.5mm Thermotech Foam Silver
Entry and Exit
The current 3mm ThermoTech covers will be phased out but the great news for everyone is that while we phase out the 3mm, we will be supplying all Thermotech Foam orders in the new 4.5mm at the same price as the old 3mm cover! New 4.5mm prices will be in place when we issue a new Year Book in 2018.
Over the years, Daisy has covered a lot of pools, refining our processes to make it easier to order, install and use. We’ve also added services, products and finishes providing greater flexibility, and to go the extra mile in quality and service.
Some of the extras services we can provide are:
The special fit for special shapes & sizes – custom covers cut to any size, shape, water line or upturn.
Like a lot of things, it starts with preparation.
- Once we know the pool measurements and type, a 3D point capturing device is used to plot for fibreglass pools or a 2-point measuring system to triangulate a pool for greater accuracy.
- The plan is then emailed for approval
- Once approved, all measurements re-plotted and pre-cut using a robotic pre-cut machine. The cover is now ready.
- Easier installation (even with limited access to the pool)
- Better fit to the pool.
Edge bind with a PVC coloured edges to one, two, three sides or all around.
- Looks more aesthetically pleasing
- Protects any edges that get extra wear
- Stops tearing if there’s a cut e.g. for a hand rail.
Edge bind with a black woven edge.
- Easier to handle
- Looks better
Wind skirt with a black woven edge – with a lead core rope encased to pull the edge of the pool cover just under water.
- Stops the wind lifting the cover (especially for multiple covers on one pool or covers that don’t cover the whole pool)
- Holds the cover in place if there’s an infinity or overflow edge (the wind skirting sits below the waterline with the water flowing through the woven webbing)
We can also:
- Build in pull cords to fold over sections
- Attach over covers
- Add hinge foam for step areas
- Reinforce or sew extra material as wear strips.
- Install floats
- Build in pockets with harnesses and commercial haul cords.
Quality and Service
Daisy uses only the very best Teflon thread to protect against failures. All sewing generally outlasts our pool covers!
Download a copy of our Expert Services Flyer here. Want to hear more? Feel free to ask us!
Daisy is a proud supporter and member of the Swimming Pool and Spa Association (SPASA); a body committed to improving and protecting the welfare of the entire swimming pool & spa industry.
Years of research and experience have been the foundation of our market leadership in Australia, supported by our accreditations and awards. Being a part of the SPASA means that Daisy is accredited to help train, educate and promote through the industry and the consumer community.
One example of how we do this is by attending the Pool & Spa Expos. In early February, we attended the SPASA Pool & Spa Expo in Melbourne providing us with the opportunity to meet and share with our Daisy network of retailers our latest products, provide tips and help in all areas including challenging installs and assisting with some tricky quotes too.
Daisy will be attending the SPASA Pool and Spa Expos in Sydney in March and Brisbane in May. Come over and say hi!